Sunday, September 19, 2010

24 Weeks

We are now at 24 weeks and Nash has graduated to the size of an eggplant. Hard to believe this is fitting inside me:


Everything is going smoothly, though. I'm able to feel him move every day, which is bizarre and wonderful all at the same time. It's especially interesting when he decides my bladder is his own personal punching bag.

We've been full-steam ahead on the nursery and it is turning out better than we could have imagined. Last weekend we embarked on installing chair railing on our own. Let me begin by first saying that Nathan and I really aren't DIY-ers. But after getting the quote from a handy man, we decided to give it a shot. Nathan was sure that it would only take an hour - maybe two - to measure, cut, and install... 8 hours later, we finally put the finishing touches on it. :) The hardest part was the angles and math involved - it's been awhile since we've used those rusty Geometry skills. But nonetheless, we got it installed and it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Here's Nathan + Jackson enjoying his morning cup of joe the next day.



The furniture is set to arrive by late October. Our crib is in, but the rest is on back-order. We attempted to pick it up this weekend, but discovered the box was much too big for our 4Runner, so we'll have to wait to have it delivered with the rest of the furniture. Makes us really wish we had a truck.

On a non-baby note, who else is ready for fall?! I'm ready for crisp days, changing leaves, decorating with gords, and pumpkin-flavored everything! It's my favorite time of the year and it is so close I can taste it (or maybe it's just the yummy pumpkin spice lattes I have been enjoying). I hope it comes soon!

No comments: