Sunday, January 16, 2011

Enough

Nash is 3 weeks old today. During these first few weeks together, I have been overwhelmed by the realization of how not enough I am for him. I know that I cannot teach him everything he will need to know. I cannot provide him enough love and security to make him complete. I cannot provide for his every need. I am just not enough. But I am comforted by the fact that our Heavenly Father is enough for him - that all of my shortcomings will be filled by his complete goodness. When I am not enough, He always will be. What a powerful truth for a mom!


“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: