Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Big Green Egg

I absolutely love anything cooked on a Big Green Egg. If you have never experienced its goodness, then let me enlighten you. It looks like this:


My parents purchased one a little over a year ago and it produces some of the tastiest meals I have ever had - from salmon to burgers to steaks to pizza! It also has this amazing smell that seems to waft for miles. Every time I pull up at their house for dinner and the smell of the Egg hits me, my mouth starts to water and I quickly have to wipe away the drool.

Now, this is all good...unless you are out on a stroll with the fam and you get hit with the smell. Reminds me a little of vampire thirst in Twilight (go ahead and judge - I'm not ashamed that I liked those books). You smell the goodness of meat being slowly smoked on this glorious invention and it's all you can think about. I've decided to start a petition. Just like in elementary school when we were taught you could only bring in candy or sweets if you had enough to share with the whole class, I think you should only be able to fire up your Big Green Egg if you have enough to share with your neighbors. It's just the right thing to do. We'll see what the HOA thinks.

-Amy

No comments: